Mecklenburg County Commissioners hosted a forum on August 4 to initiate a communitywide dialogue on the best use of human services resources.
View a video report on the August 4 meeting here.
The idea for the discussion came out of a series of public forums sponsored by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Community Relations Committee, Mecklenburg Ministries and the Community Building Initiative.
The 30-member group agreed that ongoing discussions are necessary in order to coordinate the services offered by both government and private/non-profit groups.
The discussion will continue on September 3 (Location TBA) with the community encouraged to consider the following questions:
- What efforts are you currently engaged in to meet the health and human services needs of the community?
- What efforts are you familiar with in your community that are going on?
- What are some opportunities for better coordination that you see?
- What is your reaction to the idea of a coordinated, comprehensive plan?
- Who would need to be involved?
- Who could lead the effort
- What would you like to see happen next?
your thoughts on these questions for consideration at the September 3 meeting.