Charlotte Water (CLTWater) is adding sewer pipes along Briar Creek from the Sugar Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant (Tyvola and Park roads) to Harris Boulevard. This project will enhance system performance, provide increased sewer capacity for present and future needs, and protect the water quality in Briar Creek.Phase 1
- Between Tyvola Road and Randolph Road.
- Began August 2007 and was in service summer 2011.
Phase 2 - Complete
- Between Randolph Road and Country Club Drive.
- Began March 2012 and was in service spring 2015.
Phase 3 - In Design
- Between Country Club Drive and Harris Boulevard
- This project is being designed.
- No construction schedule yet.
- September 2013 Newsletter
- November 2012 Newsletter
- Last Public Meeting was June 2013. Handout
Please remember that any area along the creek that has been cleared is part of the active construction site. For safety reasons, pedestrians are not allowed in these areas or anywhere on the construction site. Parents, please make sure that your children are aware of the hazards and know to stay clear of this area.