Charlotte’s neighborhoods know what they need. They are resilient and established but adaptable to new ideas. They have tremendous resources available internally, throughout the community and within an engaged network of peer organizations.
NBS' Neighborhood Board Retreats help neighborhood and business associations assess the current state of their community, identify and prioritize strategic goals, create action plans and improve quality of life in Charlotte’s neighborhoods. The retreats are free, half-day events open to all neighborhood and business organizations in the city of Charlotte. More than 50 organizations
have already taken part in this unique community engagement opportunity.
Neighborhood Board Retreat participants receive:
- A customized Quality of Life Study report
- Networking and idea sharing with other community leaders
- Guidance with planning yearly goals and board priorities
- Idea development with trained, experienced facilitators
- Expert support from staff and community resources
- $1,500 Neighborhood Matching Grant credit incentive for eligible neighborhoods
The next Neighborhood Board Retreat will be held 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 18th
at UNC Charlotte Center City. Click here
The application deadline is Friday June 5th, 2015. Capacity is limited. First-time participants will receive priority consideration.