- § 6-563 now makes it clear that proper signage is required before a trespass tow of any weight vehicle is conducted.
- § 6-563 now makes exceptions to the signage requirement for vehicles that have been abandoned for 72 hours, or for vehicles that are disabled.
- § 6-564 now makes it clear that only fees for towing and storage may be charge as a condition of release for a vehicle. (Parking violation fees may not be charged as a condition of release.)
- § 6-564 now calls for annual review of the ordinance mandated maximum fees by the Chief of Police.
- § 6-565 now clearly requires a vehicle owner to provide their identifying information to the tow company at the scene of an interrupted tow in order to have their vehicle released without charge.
- § 6-569 now requires the signage posted for booting locales to include the name, as well as the telephone number and address of the authorized booting company.
- § 6-572 now allows a $100.00 civil penalty to be assessed by the City for any violation of any section of the towing ordinance. (The required call-in mandated by § 6-567 may be enforced in this manner.)
- § 6-573 , the sunset provision of the towing ordinance, was repealed; making the towing ordinance a permanent fixture of the Charlotte City Code.
To view a full copy of the Towing Ordinance, please click the link below.
Towing Ordinance Post 7-26-04.pdf