Volunteer Skills and Requirements
Providing exceptional customer service is an integral part of a volunteer’s responsibilities at the Airport. Other important skills that volunteers possess include the ability to work well with and a willingness to assist others, good communication skills, reliability and commitment to the program. Additionally, qualified candidates must be physically capable to work in a dynamic and spacious area and be at least 18-years-old.
Volunteer duties include:
- Providing directions to various gate locations, Airport amenities, stores and restaurants
- Answering general questions about Airport services and navigating the terminal
- Passing along customer feedback/comments
- Maintaining program requirements and policies
- Being enthusiastic and welcoming.
- Friendly, outgoing personality whom enjoys helping others
- Must have sight and hearing capabilities sufficient to assist travelers in need of direction
- Must have communication skills to direct travelers effectively
- Must be able to adhere to Program dress code
- Must work well with others
- Able to adapt to the ever evolving airport environment
- Maintain a positive attitude.
Shifts are available seven days-a-week, 365 days-a-year. Each month, volunteers are required to complete a minimum of two, four-hour shifts.
Shift A: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Shift B: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Shift C: 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Shift D: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Shift E: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
The volunteer program is one of the many unique traits that set CLT apart from other airports. Before receiving a yellow shirt and name tag, all volunteers must successfully complete a training program to ensure they are equipped to be in the Airport and answering travelers’ questions.
Volunteers are required to participate in a one-day training session that provides an overview of the Airport, its facilities and services. Security information and customer service training is provided at that time as well. Additional on-the-job training is conducted as well. Each candidate is subject to security screening and background checks while serving in the Volunteer Program.
Volunteer at CLT
Volunteers are key to ensuring a smooth trip for the more than 39 million passengers who pass through CLT each year.
The Airport is always looking for energetic and outgoing volunteers to meet, greet and assist passengers. Participating in this program and serving as the face of Charlotte and as a resource to passengers is a highly coveted opportunity. For this reason, positions are filled on an as-needed basis.
Interested candidates must return a completed Airport Volunteer Program Interest form
Charlotte Douglas International Airport
Attn. Volunteer Program – Lauri Golden
P.O. Box 19066
Charlotte, NC 28219
This program is not intended to help individuals who are interested in becoming employed at the Airport. If you are actively seeking employment with the Airport or its tenants (security, airline, concessions or retail stores), please click here
for a complete listing of Airport Tenants.
Airport Volunteers do not receive airline or flying privileges as a result of their participation.
Want to take part in this exciting program? Submit the Airport Volunteer Interest form
to the address above or call 704-359-1120.