Flying this holiday season? You’re not alone. An increase of local passengers will result in a higher demand for parking throughout the summer travel season. Passengers are encouraged to be prepared and plan ahead.
Although you’ll find numerous travel tips throughout cltairport.com, we want to make it easier for passengers to plan ahead and have them collected here.
- For up-to-date parking conditions, call 704-359-5555 or visit parking.charlotteairport.com.
- Maps and directions to the terminal and within the terminal are available at the Maps and Directions web page.
- All gates and concourses can be accessed through any security checkpoint.
- Check with your airline for up-to-date baggage size and weight rules. Additional fees could be applicable.
- Save time by printing boarding passes at home.
- Call your airline for updated flight information.
- Obtain specific information about Charlotte Douglas International Airport while on-the-go by visiting m.charlotteairport.com or by calling the Airport’s automated phone information at 704-359-4910.
Know the number, know the website for up-to-date parking conditions: call 704-359-5555 or visit parking.charlotteairport.com
to view a real-time parking status map. In addition to providing real-time parking status, by clicking into a parking option, users can receive directions directly to that deck or lot. The real-time parking status map can be accessed on all mobile devices, smart phones and personal computers.
Know your options. In all, CLT offers travelers seven self-serve parking lots or decks and two valet options.
Business Valet offers guaranteed parking and is CLT’s best parking deal at $10 per day. The deck is located at the corner of Wilkinson Boulevard and Harlee Avenue. Click here
for more information about Business Valet
- Save time exiting lots by using SmartPark Express to prepay parking tickets. SmartPark allows passengers to use credit card or prepaid only lanes to exit parking lots.
- When parking, keep your parking ticket with you.
- Upon returning to CLT, prepay parking tickets at a yellow Pay&Go machine. Two Pay&Go stations are housed outside the terminal in the shuttle bus lane at the Baggage Claim level and four are located at the Daily Decks’ shuttle bus stop.
- Click here for more details about SmartPark Express.
- Be prepared to allow more time to park.
- Pay attention to dynamic parking signs indicating which lots are closed and how to navigate to open lots.
- Remember where you’ve parked by keeping your parking ticket and writing down the bus shelter closest to your vehicle. If you are parking in a deck, write down the level and row nearest your vehicle. Also, snap a picture with your cell phone of the parking lot's name.
- When parking, you may notice some lots are closed when it seems like there are parking spaces available. This is because there are not enough available spaces to properly service vehicles. Please proceed to an open lot.
- Airport Parking Customer Service Representatives can help answer questions. You can find them outside, on the Arrivals/Baggage area at a yellow stand.
- CLT parking facilities are open 24-hours-a-day, seven days-a-week. They are well-lit and patrolled regularly by Airport Police.
- Shuttle buses run every 12 – 15 minutes in Long Term Lots and every 8 – 10 minutes in the Daily and Daily North Lots.
- All parking facilities offer convenient handicap parking and accessible shuttles run continuously. If assistance is needed, please call 704-359-4038.
Click to review all of the parking FAQs or to visit CLT’s parking page.
Passenger Pick-up /Drop-off
- Avoid looping around the Airport until family or friends arrive.
- Passengers can be picked up and dropped off along the terminal's curbside, however, vehicles cannot be left unattended.
- Curbside parking is not allowed and unattended vehicles may be towed; this includes all lanes on the ticketing and baggage claim levels.
- This policy also applies to those passengers checking in luggage at curbside.
Visitors picking up family or friends are encouraged to utilize the free Cell Phone Lot. Just wait in your vehicle and ask your passenger to contact you when they claim their luggage, then drive to the terminal's lower level (baggage claim) to pick up your passenger after they have claimed their luggage.
If the Cell Phone Lot is full, it is recommended that drivers proceed to the Overlook (located on Airport Overlook Drive off Old Dowd Road) as an alternate place to wait for passengers. The Overlook is open from 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily.
If you want to pick your passenger up by meeting them in the terminal, you will have to park in the Daily decks or Long Term Lots and take a shuttle to the terminal.Dropping off
When dropping off family and friends, you'll have to do so at the terminal's curbside, or by parking in the Daily decks or Long Term Lots and taking a shuttle to the terminal.
- All security checkpoints at Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) are operated by the federal Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- Security checkpoint lines may be adjusted to accommodate anticipated crowds. Pay close attention to signage and personnel directing you to proper queue lines.
- Arrive early. Current security measures increase time needed to check in. When traveling with young children, infants, elderly or disabled passengers, allow for even more time.
- It is recommended that you inform a security checkpoint screener of any disability or if you are traveling with special equipment that cannot go through an x-ray inspection.
- Have photo identification and boarding pass available. A valid government issued identification and boarding pass are required for gate access. Click here to learn more about TSA's identification requirements for airport checkpoints.
- If you are meeting a child requiring assistance at the gate, you must contact your airline in advance to make arrangements for a gate pass.
- Carry-on Items. All carry-on items must be screened at security checkpoints. Liquids are allowed in carry-on luggage in accordance with the 3-1-1 format. There are exceptions for baby food/formula as well as items needed for special medical purposes.
Click here for more security tips. For more security related information, questions or updates, please contact the TSA at 1-866-289-9673 or e-mail TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov, or visit the TSA web site.