CLT Quick Caller Cargo Activity Report
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is the region's premiere air cargo facility. The following information is a summary of the major benefits to working with the Charlotte Air Cargo Center.
CLT just five miles from Uptown Charlotte, adjacent to a Foreign Trade Zone and immediately accessible to major interstates.
Charlotte Douglas is one of the most efficient air transport facilities in the country, maintaining quality service and a competitively low fee structure.
Charlotte Air Cargo Center consists of approximately 570,000 square feet of facilities and more than 50 acres of aircraft ramp space. The area is adjacent to CLT's four runways, which can accommodate all types of aircraft and measure 10,000 feet, 9,000 feet, 8,845 feet and 7,500 feet. To further support air cargo operations, CLT has a full complement of international service support organizations including U.S. Customs & Border Protection. The Charlotte Air Cargo Center is further strengthened by more than 60 freight forwarders, custom house brokers and professional international service providers.
Did you know? Charlotte...
Charlotte Air Cargo Center Facts
- Is the 7th busiest airport in the world (in total operations)
- Welcomed 41.23 million passengers in 2012 making CLT the nation's 8th busiest in passengers
- Controls more than $2.3 trillion in assets and is the 2nd largest financial center (following New York)
- 264 Fortune 500 firms are represented in the area
- Is the largest city in the nation's 6th largest urban region
- 7.3 million live within a 100-mile radius of Charlotte
- More than half of the U.S. population lives within a two-hour flight or one-day drive from Charlotte
- Is the center of the 4th largest manufacturing concentration in the U.S.
- Six major passenger airlines and four commuter airlines
- More than 15 cargo airlines, plus cargo lift by commercial carriers
- Connected with two major rail systems linking 27,000 miles of track
- More than 300 trucking companies
- More than $4 billion worth of manufactured goods are exported annually from North and South Carolina
- 127,230 tons of cargo forwarded to destinations worldwide (2012)
- $10 billion impact by Airport on local economy
- 850 foreign owned firms within the region
- 635 foreign owned firms have facilities in Mecklenburg County, including:
127 German owned firms
84 British owned firms
57 Canadian owned firms
55 Japanese owned firms
41 French owned firms
41 Swiss owned firms